Sat, Nov 26|
Real Estate Tax Tips
Junior Financial Literacy Workshop (AM class)
Do your kids know where money comes from? Can they tell the difference between 'Needs' and 'Wants'? Do they often mistake their 'Wants' as 'Needs'? Let them experience life on a budget and constantly have to struggle between spending money on needs vs wants.
Time & Location
Nov 26, 2022, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Real Estate Tax Tips, 418 North Service Rd E unit 3, Oakville, ON L6H 5R2, Canada
About the event
Kids go through 15 mins of classroom style learning, before being thrown into a game world filled with money decisions!
They will be spllit into teams, each representating an animal competing against each other to be the HAPPIEST animal by the end of the winter season. They will need to make good use of their income, plan for large expenses and prioritize purchases that will bring their animals the most joy!
- Where does money come from?
- What do we use money for?
- What are “Needs” and “Wants”?
- What are the 4 main category of “Needs”?
- “Wants” sometimes disguised as “Needs”
- Importance of Charity and Community
- Investments - A way to make more money
- Key ingredients of Investments
- People have same needs, different wants
- Actions that make / spend money
- Spend $ on what gives you the most joy
- Importance of steady investment income
- Managing bills & needs - don’t go hungry!
- Return on Investment - Spent vs Received
- Early investors win
- Sharing wealth with community gives joy
- Sharing wealth with charities gives joy
- It “pays” to save
At the end of the game, kids will have a chance to reflect on their learning and recap their knowledge.